An award? For me? Thank you Tar Heel Voyager!! This trend is news to me, but I love it and thank you so much for the shout out.
The Liebster Award is an award new bloggers present to other fellow inspirational newbies in the blogging world with the intention of expanding the blogging community and sharing the stories of those you most enjoy reading about.
I was nominated by Alex over at Tar Heel Voyager – one of the first blogs I read by someone who is a current teacher in Thailand. I loved reading Alex’s blog as I got mine started; he was already living my dream so I could stock up on Thai experiences before I even arrived. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I dove head first in the very deep pool of blogging, but Alex was friendly and that made the blogging community a little bit easier to get to know. The more I read the more I’ve had the chance to get to know other bloggers in small ways and it’s made writing and sharing even more enjoyable.
When you accept the Liebster Award you are expected to follow along with these rules:
- Thank and link the site which nominated your blog – see above, thanks again!
- Answer the questions posed by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers who have less than 500 followers.
- Ask questions of your own for those you nominate to answer.
Here are my answers to the questions asked of me:
What is your proudest achievement in life so far?
Staying close to a very large number of extended family members. I have tons of aunts, uncles, and cousins (1st, 2nd, 3rd, people we may just call cousins but are not actually related to, who know) and while I don’t get to see or talk to them all the time, I am proud of the fact that each one of them knows I care about them and that I’ll be there to love our family no matter what.
If you were stuck on an island and could only bring one music album with you, what would it be?
This is a hard question but I am going with Andy Grammer by Andy Grammer. It’s just happy and it reminds me to be happy.
We all still dream like children sometimes so what do you want to be when you grow up?
A UNICEF Ambassador travelling the world promoting the importance of education for children.
What is your favorite food to cook for yourself?
Mac and cheese!
What superhero, along with their qualities, best resemble you?
Superwoman! Actually, I don’t know much about superheros but she is fabulous so I’m going with her!
What is your craft beer of choice?
This is nearly impossible!! Magic Hat #9, or anything kind of fruity. Or anything local to Chicago. Like I said, impossible…
Favorite way to unwind after a long day?
Sleeeeeeeeeep. Snuggling up with all my pillows and blankets makes everything better.
Where do you find inspiration and motivation?
I would say I have two answers here: 1. I find inspiration in books of all kinds. The stories I read, fiction or non-fiction, remind me that I have the capability to experience anything I want to in my life and that reminds me that all of life is an adventure. 2. I find my motivation in smiling children’s faces. The smile of a truly happy child reminds me that everyone should have the chance to live a wonderful life full of positive experiences and I have the capability to help make that happen for those who may need it.
Would you rather stay in a hostel with random travelers or a comfy hotel by yourself?
Hostel with random travelers!! I love having people around all the time and getting to know new people. If I am out travelling, it’s about the experiences and sharing those with others. If I wanted to be alone, I could just stay in my room at home!
Is “barbecue” something you eat, something you cook on, or something you do?
Something delicious you eat.
- Saving Savanna – for some of the most genuine and well written posts on saving the elephants, as well as many of the other animals that need our protection from poachers and the like.
- To live would be an awfully big adventure – for her real talk, I truly admire anyone who can actually admit they are not quite sure what they are really doing.
- StayGyspy – for their beautiful pictures and documentation of their travels.
- Adventure.Cass – this may be cheating since you have just over 500 followers, but I want to continue to share your words and passion for travel!
- What is your number one dream destination, anywhere in the world?
- What do you want to be when you grow up? And I’m talking ultimate dream job, no limits. (stole this Alex, thanks!)
- What is your favorite book? And why?
- How would your best friend describe you in one sentence?
- What is your favorite food?
- Can you remember the moment you discovered your passion and what was happening in that moment?
- Was the world a better place before or after the invention of the smart phone?
Thank you to those who have taken the time to read my blog and to all the other bloggers – keep on writing, I love to hear about all your adventures!